First Year Experience
The mission of the First Year Experience (FYE) Office is to provide resources that support first year students with their transition to college through FYE activities, financial literacy workshops, events, and to assist students in making supportive connections through the peer mentoring program.
WHAT WE DO:
The First Year Experience (FYE) office provides school resources, events, workshops, Peer Mentoring and opportunities for SENMC students to have a unique and positive experience in their first year of school so that students meet their academic and personal goals. Likewise, the First Year Experience (FYE) office assists students to take advantage of the opportunities offered at Southeast New Mexico College, as well as the sense of belonging is present day by day. Offering support to the students will bring academic success to create a network support with faculty, staff and among students. By participating in First Year Experience (FYE), SENMC students will be able to develop foundations and acquire tools for academic, social, and personal success.
• Make connections with classmates and the SENMC community.
• Provide Financial Literacy Workshops to help individuals and families to make informed decisions that allow them to optimize the management of their resources.
• Acquire knowledge and skills that will help them in their intellectual development inside and outside the classroom.
• Participate in events and workshops to learn strategies that promote general well-being• Use school and community resources to help them meet their academic, personal, and social goals.
Activities funded by Department of Education
- STUDENT RESOURCES
- Community Resources
- Learning Technology Center (LTC)
- Learning Assistance Center (LAC)
- HSI Grant Services
- Student Life
- Academic Advising
Raymond Dominguez, Title IV, Ascender Activity Director